We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
A Mechanical Engineer works to design novel robotics and laboratory automation devices to meet internal and customer specifications. The qualified candidate should have heavy experience with motion control, servo motors, linear motors, linear actuators, encoders, and pneumatics. A strong product design and development background is a must with emphasis on industrial performance and aesthetic appearance. Experience with liquid handling and microtitre plate handling is desired. The qualified individual will work closely with software and electrical engineers to design custom robotics and instrumentation.
• Complete product development life cycle implementation.
• Develop specs and prototype of new concepts.
• Work closely with electrical engineers, firmware development and mechanical engineers.
• Work closely testing team to ensure new products meet specifications.
• Follow timelines and budgets for product development.
• Provide information to Sr. Mechanical Engineers for review meetings.
• Develop and manage timelines and budgets for product development.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• BS in mechanical engineering.
• 3-5+ years experience in product development is required. No entry level applicants will be considered at this time.
• Expert level SolidWorks user (2012 preferred).
• Experience with EPDMWorks required..
• Experience with electrical and pneumatic control systems.
• Requires high attention to detail.
• All work product documents must be publication/presentation worthy.
• Knowledge of fluidics a plus.
• Excellent problem solving skills, required to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively.
• Work effectively as team member and individually.
• Excellent communication skills.
Please note: HighRes Biosolutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies or individuals that place candidates for a fee. Any recruiter or agency seeking to work on a particular position must first contact Human Resources at email@example.com to obtain permission to submit resumes for said position. If a recruiting services agreement does not already exist, one must be in place prior to submitting resumes for consideration. Resumes submitted directly to hiring managers, employees or representatives of HighRes BioSolutions without prior consent will be deemed the property of HighRes BioSolutions and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or by other means.